Wednesday 2 December 2015

Team Twist - Sewers

As I've mentioned before me and my team decided that we wanted to have three playable locations for players to explore. So far, I have worked on two of those, which is the graveyard and sewers. And while both were really challenging, I really enjoyed figuring out designs.

Above I have attached three paintings that I did while designing sewers location. The first one represents an entrance to the sewers. I really tried to convey the gloomy and dark mood of Victorian London in each painting, in hope it would help our 3D modelers work things out better. Next two paintings are interiors of the sewers. Although they are quite different from each other, my intention was to add variety of different concepts. 
When I look back at these now, I feel like I should have done a lot more drawings that are more 3D friendly. Although these paintings might be used for representational purposes, they will definitely not be used as a guideline for modelling. There is too many elements that would definitely not work out in the 3D environment, even though they might look believable on the canvas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment