Monday 30 November 2015

Team Twist - Weapon design

Weapon design is always fun, especially when our characters are quite unique. My job this time was to design weapons for Gravedigger and Deep Sea Diver. Although both characters are quite different from each other (one being melee and one being a caster) I followed the exact same process while designing weapons for them.


Above I have produced quite a lot of silhouettes for the Deep Sea Diver weapon. Our initial idea was to have him wielding an anchor, but I really wanted to explore different concepts so I came up with various hammers, maces, scythes and even a steering wheel.


As far as the Gravedigger weapon go, from the start we knew exactly what we wanted to have. A simple shovel. Of course I wanted to go overboard and I came up with a shovel that is magically infused. I have used a green tone because it really fits with our character, that is able to summon minions and use blood magic.


Here's the final design that we chose for our Deep Sea Diver weapon. I have imagined his anchor as a rotting piece of extremely heavy metal. I have used few pictures of rotting fish which really fitted with the design. I have also produced a second version which is wrapped in chains.
Overall I consider this task to be really joyful. I always liked designing weapons and I think this process is definitely rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment